Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Babies are Growing Up


    The last few days I have been going through the kids toys looking to get rid of some things and packing up some things they have out grown.  In doing so I came across Eli's teether.  I couldn't help but to think about his and Grace's tiny fingers, sweet fuzzy skin, and the adorable baby yawns.  I miss nursing my babies to sleep and the way they yearned to be cuddled with.  Now it's the other way around, I'm the one begging for their cuddles.  I miss their sweet little giggles from just seeing me smile at them.  I miss their flakey newborn skin and their quite hick-ups.
This tiny baby boy has turned to this,

A much bigger baby boy who is slowly starting
 to want to do things himself.

More shocking yet, this precious baby
 girl has turned to this,

An independent little girl who loves to help he little
 brother and comforts him when he is hurt.

    I might yearn for those teeny tiny baby days but I have these amazing, unpredictable toddler days to look forward to each morning.  We paint, learn our colors and shapes, chase each other playing jack in the bean stock, have tea parties, and make forts.  Grace and Eli give me new twists each day but I wouldn't have it any other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment