Thursday, June 13, 2013

Protection Through the Storm

    Last night there was a tornado warning going on and sirens were going off.  We had our emergency kit ready to go and are prepared.  I couldn't help but to remember a memory from when I was about 7 years old.  My family and I were all in the basement while the tornado sirens were sounding.  I remember being scared and crying.  My dad sat down next to me on the stairs and ask why I was crying.  I told him I didn't want to die, between sobs.  That's when he explained to me that God is in control.  When we follow Him and His ways there is nothing of this world to fear.  I accepted Christ as my savior shortly after this talk.  When ever there is a storm I am reminded of God's protection over me.


Pictures once things started to calm down:



 Popcorn while listening to the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment