Monday, August 26, 2013

Bug Hunt

    Grace is a bug lover. She loves them so much she used to cry when we would kill spiders or mosquitoes. Thankfully she out grew that one. Last week we took the kids on a bug hunt. I quickly drew up what I thought would be the most likely bugs we would come across on a paper for Grace to compare to the real bug so she could match them up when we found them. Surprisingly, we only found three out of six but also found a lot of others too. I plan on using these pictures bellow to make a little chart that I can laminate for next time, that way we can use a dry erase marked to check off what we found.  This was our favorite summer outing this summer so far.


{Dragonfly}

{Tiny Cricket}

{Butterfly}

{Cicada skin}

{Another Dragonfly}

{Fly}

{Ant}

{I know they aren't bugs but aren't these ducklings cute?}

{My cute little flower child. Shortly after this picture I found 
an ant in Grace's hair from the weeping willow branch, how fitting.}

{We concluded our bug hunt by splashing around in some muddy water.}




No comments:

Post a Comment