Sunday, September 15, 2013

Crockpot Apple Sauce

    I love Autumn and all the yummy things it brings.Warm homemade apple sauce is one of those things.  Last Fall I made a batch that last until spring. This year, on the other hand, we ate almost all of it the day I made it because I only used about 1/3 of a bushel. So, I guess I'll have to make another batch just for canning with our next bushel of apples. None the less is delicious, especially since it has been so chilly lately. I even had the heat on Saturday! Regardless, I'm glad Fall is here.

{Separating the pieces for the apple sauce, the peels the kids will
 eat, and the all the other scraps from one another }

{Mixing the apples the water, cinnamon, and lemon zest}

{About to enjoy the finished product
 with a mug of tea}



No comments:

Post a Comment