Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stretchmarks

    I loved being pregnant but I used to hate my stretch marks. I didn't feel attractive in the least. Then perspective hit me. Without meaning to my thought process changed. I realized I was looking from the wrong angle. I learned to love my stretch marks, every one of them. This is why:

    Around 4 month along in each of my pregnancies is when I would start to be able to see major changes in my body. I loved it.  Just knowing a baby was growing inside of me was amazing. I loved measuring my belly and seeing how much I grew, knowing my baby was growing in strength and size as well. Each extra inch from the last measuring made me excited. I loved having James read to Grace every night, before she was even born.  He would kiss my belly and tell her he loved her and goodnight. Every Night.  I loved having Grace rest her head on my tummy and get excited to kiss my belly when I was carrying Eli. Pregnancy is beautiful and something to cherish.

   Pregnancy is NOT something you just have to suck up and get over with until baby has arrived. I understand some people have very hard pregnancies, while others can't get pregnant, and others yet who have miscarriages and I am not demeaning these things. One out of four pregnancies end in a miscarriage. 10-15% of couple are unable to have children. Though most people don't know these statistics they do know, before attempting to have a child of their own, there is a chance, however small, of not having a completely smooth pregnancy. We know we are at risk of heart ache but there is a reason we take it. We desperately want to have a little one of our own. To us, it's more than worth it.

    After thinking about all these things over the past few days I realized something. My stretch marks represent something. My children. I would give up my life for my kids but complain about the very stretch marks I was given to receive my children? Sounds silly when you think about it. I would give so much more than just stretch marks for my children and anymore God chooses to bless me and James with.  My Stretch marks a symbol of my love and oh what I would do for more of them...

{James with Eliot}



No comments:

Post a Comment